UP Board exam for classes 10th and 12th is conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP), Uttar Pradesh. Every year, the exam is conducted in the months of February and March for both 10th board and 12th board. Once the exam is over, students can expect the release of their results in the next 2 to 3 months.
This year’s result is announced for both classes 10th and 12th. Students who are not satisfied with their marks or failed in a few subjects can apply for the compartment exam. Each student can give a maximum of 2 compartment papers with submitting a minimal fee for the compartment exam. They have to submit the exam fee while filling the application on the official website of UP Board.
Read the article below to get to all about the compartment exam along with exam fee details and how a student can check the compartment result from the official website.
Who is Eligible for the UP Board Compartment Exam?
If a student failed in one or two subjects of the regular board exams, are eligible for the UP Board Compartment Exam. This special exam is for students who need another chance to pass the subjects they didn’t do well in during the regular exams in a maximum of 2 subjects. The compartment exam can be given for not more than 2 subjects. It’s like a second opportunity for the students. Students who failed 2 or more subjects or did not score well in their board exam will be said failed the board exam.
UP Board Compartment Exam Fee
Every student willing to give a compartment exam has to submit a fee along with their details as well.
If a student of 10th grade wants to take the compartment or improvement exam in 2023, they need to pay an application fee. This fee is Rs 256. It’s like a small amount of money that you need to give when you apply for these exams.
And for students in 12th grade, regardless of which subjects they are studying, like science, arts, or commerce, if they want to give the improvement or compartment exams, they will have to pay a fee too. This fee is a bit higher, it’s Rs 306. Just like the 10th-grade students, they also have to pay this money when they apply for these exams.
How to Apply for UP Board Compartment Exam?
In case a student didn’t pass some regular UP Board exams, they will get another chance through the Compartment Exam. Here’s how you can apply for it:
- Step 1: Open the UPMSP official website on your device, which is upmsp.edu.in.
- Step 2: Look for the link that says, “compartment exam registration for regular students.” then click on it.
- Step 3: You’ll see a form to fill out. Write your name, roll number, birthdate, and contact info.
- Step 4: Pick the subjects you want to give the compartment exam for.
- Step 5: Students need to upload a picture of their mark sheet as well.
- Step 6: To complete the process, pay the exam fee by using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Step 7: After finishing the form and paying the fee, the student will get a message or email.
How to Check UP Board Compartment Result 2023?
The wait of the students for the UP Board 2023 compartment results is over now. The result is announced on the official website. Follow the following steps to check the compartment results for classes 10th and 12th from the official website of UP Board.
- Step 1: Open the UP Board official website, which is upmsp.edu.in or upresults.nic.in.
- Step 2: Look for the link that says, “UP board 10th or 12th compartment result 2023”. Click on that link.
- Step 3: It will redirect you to a new page.
- Step 4: Here enter the details asked like district, exam year, roll number, security code, etc.
- Step 5: Once you’ve entered all the details, make sure there is no error, and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 6: The UP board 10th or 12th compartment result 2023 will appear on the screen.
- Step 7: Save the result on your device for future reference.
What If a Student Doesn’t Pass the Compartment Exam?
The goal of the compartment exam is to give students another chance to pass the exam in case of failed in a maximum of 2 subjects. However, if a student doesn’t succeed in the compartment exam as well, they will have to wait for the next academic year to retake the exam.
The UP Board Compartment exam and Result serve as a second chance for students to prove themselves academically. By following the steps mentioned above, students can easily access their results and know whether they’ve successfully passed the compartment exams or not. These exams are a chance to show the understanding and dedication of a student, so students are advised to give it their best shot.